Friday, July 10, 2009

In My Summer Bookbag...

Ladder of Years
by Anne Tyler
Pharmakon... Or the Story of a Happy Family
by Dirk Wittenborn
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

BTW... If it seems I am reading slowly, I am not. I do not wish to post negative reviews on my blog. I read many a book that may entertain... or not. But, unless I am thoughtfully engaged, or duly impressed, I do not note the book here. This blog is reserved for books I, and my boys, find worth the invested time. For every three or four books, I interact with one in a way I do not with the others. That interaction is what compels me to post here...

Also, the last months of my life have been crazy and hectic... with a major surgery for me and two deaths in my immediate family. Posting was the last thing on my mind. My goal is to begin anew. Every day brings the thoughtfulness of text into my house. I hope to spark that adventure in you.

No comments: